This will likely be the last article that I post on Reality Check. I opened the site about 8 years ago and have published many articles. However, my interests have changed and I no longer spend the kind of time necessary to research adequately before posting. I did commit to a 'conclusion' to my dental trials and tribulations, so will post it here.
It's been interesting for me to operate the site and see that it has helped some people get the information they were looking for. I'll keep the site for another month or so and plan to take it down before the summer.
Thank you for all of your interest and participation. If anyone wants to copy anything from this site you have my express permission.
Best of luck to all of you in Cyberspace.
My love and best wishes go out to you all.
I cannot begin to adequately describe the malaise and suffering that the mercury toxicity from amalgam fillings has caused me, but even thinking about it causes a
backflash that I find uncomfortable and unpleasant.
My two previous articles outlined the leadup and background to the amalgam removal. Suffice it to say that in my case, mercury poisoning has affected various bodily systems, organs, glands over many years. As the research shows mercury toxicity even crosses the blood/brain barrier and can affect babies in the womb, unthinkable when you hear that governments in Canada and the United
States still deny any risks associated with mercury and amalgam fillings.
I am including some x-ray photographs of the last tooth that contained amalgam, tooth # 16, upper right side which was also a root canal. My dentist removed the crown, two layers of amalgam, and each of the three rooots one at a
time. It took her more than one hour.
Mixed metals in that one tooth included: amalgam which contains tin, silver, mercury and other metals, two gold pins and some white gold. This is a particularly hazardous combination of metals, constantly leaching with saliva in to the mouth, digestive system and other organs. In her career she remarked that she had never seen such shoddy dental work- the crown which may have looked esthetically pleasing at the time, covered a terrible foundation which
eventually caused me a host of problems.
Today, two weeks after the extraction of the dead tooth (root canal) I have noticed the following changes in my health:
1) digestive problems, including a frequent sore stomach, intestinal gas and bloating have virtually disappeared.
2) my eating habits have returned to normal. I can now drink a glass of water without getting a burning sensation in my stomach
3) my energy level has increased by 25-30%. I can now function for several hours without having to constantly rest. Prior to the the extraction I would become exhausted about 1-2 hours after eating a meal, even after breakfast
4) sleeping habits have improved a lot. I feel more rested in the morning and no longer need to take sleeping pills
5) my body is becoming stronger, my appetite has increased and I can now asssimilate my food better which means I will be able to gain the weight that I lost.
You can see how just one tooth can affect the whole body. Now consider that I had 15 amalgams removed altogether over a two year period, each of which left some mercury in my body when the fillings were removed. Not pleasant, and often debilitating.
My best advice to anyone with amalgam fillings is to make their removal a priority. You may not be showing symptoms but as you age your system loses vitality, and the longer the mercury leaches in to your body, the greater the possibility for illness.